In this special episode, I got Rand Fishkin (founder of Sparktoro & Moz) who is about to complete two decades in marketing. I am particularly excited to release this episode because I’ve learnt SO MUCH from his Whiteboard Fridays over the years. For reference:
- Rand’s Brandwagon interview (the story behind Whiteboard Fridays)
- How to build a content-keyword map (my favorite Whiteboard Friday)
I thought I’d get his perspective on marketing flywheels, why marketing teams should focus on that and how he’s building a marketing flywheel to grow Sparktoro (his newest venture).
You can watch the interview below…
or you can download the podcast episode.
We chatted about a couple of things:
- His top 3 lessons after spending two decades in marketing
- Rand’s post-Covid marketing predictions
- His honest experience with in-person vs remote marketing teams
- Why Rand is a big believer in marketing flywheels (refer image below)
- Evolution of his newest venture SparkToro. Why did he decide to build it? What’s his vision with it? How is he marketing it?
Hope you enjoyed the episode!
Stay in touch – once in 3 months
Get an email from me once every 3 months with lessons from the world’s top 1% remote marketing teams. Subscribe here.