I invited Steve Toth for an episode to talk about SEO budget planning. I was particularly excited about this episode because Steve was a SEO lead at Freshbooks (who’ve done a phenomenal job with their SEO strategy).
Download the podcast episode here:
For reference, Freshbooks has tripled their organic traffic in the last 18 months.
Here’s a summary of what we chatted about:
- What Steve’s first 90 days at Freshbooks looked like
- How SEO budgets are planned at Freshbooks
- The story of Freshbooks major SEO initiatives at that time – invoice templates and their resources hub (500+ articles)
- The importance of independent consultants when managing a SEO budget and how to identify a good consultant
- The need for prioritisation when managing a SEO budget
- The story of how Steve ended up starting SEO Notebook (a weekly SEO newsletter)
Stay in touch – once in 3 months
Get an email from me once every 3 months with lessons from the world’s top 1% remote marketing teams. Subscribe here.